Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hacker Movies

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/hacker-movies/

Hacker Movies
By SFAM • Updated February 27, 2006

Quite a few cyberpunk movies deal with the hacker counterculture. Rebellion against the mega-corporations by the punk-hacker anti-heroes have been celebrated Since Neuromancer. This category lists all the movies where hacking is a central theme. Included are movies like Ghost in the Shell, where hacking (ghost hacks, for instance) is pretty much standard operating procedure for the main characters, even though the punk counter-culture is almost non-existent. Like all of my themes categories, I don’t distinguish here between movies and animes (which are very influential in cyberpunk) - you will see both listed.

And yes, I realize I don’t have all cyberpunk hacker movies listed - in fact I have relatively few so far. This will change, as I’m still in the process of uploading my reviews. If you have one in mind that you don’t see here, let me know, and I’ll bump it up in priority.



Hacker Movies in Cyberpunk

* Code Hunter
* Ghost in the Shell
* Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
* Hackers
* Matrix
* Nirvana
* Pi
* Serial Experiments: Lain
* Sixteen Tongues
* Sneakers
* Tron
* War Games
* X-Files: Kill Switch (Episode 11, Season 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment